Do you find your house isn't selling as fast as others? The housing market is over-saturated with homes, and it is critical that you set yourself apart from other home sellers and realtors. Here are tips on how you can sell your house fast:
1 Eliminate clutter. Clean the clutter out of your house. If you have to invest in renting a storage unit, do it. It will pay off in the end. Clean closets, cabinets, basement and garage of all the things you can live without for a short period of time. A potential buyer will walk away quickly if it looks like storage is a problem.
2 Clean everything. A clean house is more appealing then a messy, smelly and unclean house. Clean windows, floors, inside cabinets, appliances, closets that a potential buyer would look at or in. A clean house will appear like a well taken care home. Don't forget the yard, it is just as important as the interior of your house.
3 Remove personal items. Remove family pictures, limit collective item and anything that makes your house your own personal home. The idea here is to give the potential buyer a background so they can visualise their possessions in your house. This will keep their focus on the house and not what you have in
4 Paint and repair. Repair everything that needs it. Loose hinges, broken windows, light switches that don't work etc. A buyer is more likely to buy a house that doesn't need repairs.
5 Keeping colours more neutral. Fresh neutral color paint is inexpensive and will give your house a quick face lift. If you have a room that's bright orange, it could turn off a buyer, that is if they don't like orange. This will keep them from the thought of painting if they buy your house.
6 Keep your house ready to show at all times. Bake cookies the day of an open house, that will make your home smell wonderful and homey. If you have pets, keep them safely out of the way during showings and clean the litter box. Ask a friend, relative or neighbour to check your home for smells. When you live there it's hard to smell odors. Put potpourri, light candles, turn on all lights and have a successful experience selling your home fast.
7 Look into a company that can sell your house in an extremely fast time. Realtors can do a good job selling your home relatively quickly! If you do not have the time for a realtor, then you may want to take a look online or around your town and find a company that can take care of these.
8 Make sure that the price that you set for selling your home is the right price. If your price is too high, you will have some difficulty selling your home, and if your price is too low you will be losing some serious money that can be useful when buying a new home in your new location.
Property selling tips
Whether you are upgrading or downgrading, or relocating; if your house is on the market you probably want to sell it fast. Below are some tips to help you get your house sold:
* First appearances: If the appearance of your property is not good, many potential buyers will not even walk through the door. The front of your property is critical.
* Don't ask for too much: If you want a quick sale, be realistic and be prepared to lower your expectations if you genuinely want a quick sale.
* Declutter: Clutter and mess are going to discourage any potential purchaser. It will make rooms seem smaller and a lot less appealing.
* Neutralise: Buyers will generally be looking for a blank canvas on which they can impose their own personality. If your personality is stamped all over your property, potential buyers will only see this as more work.
* Don't ignore the outside space: Even though you may have cleaned up the front of the property don't ignore the back. Gardens should be well maintained, all doors and window frames newly painted if necessary.