Suke, suke makan sayur organik... tapi mahal sket kan? Tak mudah layu dan sayurnya lebih segar. Jom kita layan kelebihan makanan organik nih!
ORGANIC food is one of the keys to healthy living as it is known to contain more vitamins and nutrients to prevent health risks.
Organic food contain vitamins, minerals, and ascorbic acids. Naturally grown, it is tested for quality and gives consumer value for their money.
It is grown in organic farms without harmful chemicals like herbicides (weed killers), fungicides (mold killers), and insecticides (insect killers).
Organic farmers emphasise on the use of renewable resources and conservation of soil and water.
Organic meat, poultry, eggs and dairy products come from animals that are not given antibiotics or growth hormones.
Consuming organic food is advantageous in many ways. Firstly it is enriched with super nutrients, usually not available in processed foods.
Researchers also find that organic food have antioxidants which helps reduce free radicals in the body, thus minimising the affects of natural aging, improving your health and appearance.
A strong immune system strengthens one's resistance to diseases. Antioxidants also provide defense against cancer.
Those with health concerns specifically choose organic food to reduce the long-term effects of toxins and promote good health.
Basically you are what you eat, as the quality of the produce originates from the soil.
If you consume food grown in rich, organic soil, chances are you will be healthier, compared otherwise.
If you eat animal products such as meat, poultry, or dairy, the environment these animals grew up also has an impact on the quality of the meat products.
Generally if the animals are bred in clean, and stress-free environments, the quality of the meat improves accordingly.
Below are more reasons why eating organic food is beneficial for you:
* Organic food contains at least 50% more nutrients, vitamins, and minerals than their non-organic counterparts.
* Organic food are low in fat which help to fight and prevent obesity. Health experts warn that a diet high in fatty food may lead to heart disease, stroke, and other life threatening diseases. On the other hand, a diet filled with organic food helps prevent these conditions by keeping your weight down.
* Antibiotics found in nonorganic foods are a direct cause of allergies. Many allergies can be avoided by eating organic foods.
* Organic fruits and vegetables taste better. When you eat organic food, you get the full flavour without the toxins.
Making organic food your primary food choice not only helps you eat healthy and promotes peace of mind, but encourages eco-friendly behaviour.
While it is true that some organic food may be a bit costlier, most health conscious consumers find it is well worth the price.
How to choose organic food
* Examine the food labels at a local organic food store to determine its source and find out if the facts are accurate.
* Educate yourself on the standards and definition of organic food provided by local health authorities.
* Go through each ingredient on the food label to ascertain that the products are devoid of preservatives and chemicals.
* Long unidentifiable chemical names should be seen as a warning sign against purchasing a particular food.
* Converse with experienced shoppers at local organic grocer for tips on how to read food labels. Those who have consumed organic food for years can help you sort out confusing labels and choose food which are truly organic.